This section explains how to create a customised layout for the Profit & Loss within a period of account in CCH Corporation Tax.
Customising the Profit & Loss layout
The layout of the Profit & Loss can be customised to suit any size company.
To create a customised Profit & Loss:
- Select Insert P & L from the Profit & Loss actions panel in the left hand task bar. The following layout will appear.
- This is the standard layout presented and can be changed.
- Right click in the centre of a row to display the options available (See screen shot below).
- Select Add income row to add a row immediately below the one highlighted and the value entered will be added to arrive at the Profit/(loss) before tax.
- Select Add expense row to add a row immediately below the one highlighted and the value will be deducted to arrive at the Profit/(loss) before tax.
- Select Add child rows to add any number of rows below and indented immediately below the row highlighted. The rows added will be totalled.
- Select Subtotal to create a new row which subtotals the rows above.
- Enter a description for the row.
- To create analysis for any row select Insert analysis. A new window will appear.
- The customised layout can be saved as a template and used for other clients. Select Save P&L template
- This layout is preserved and will be rolled forward each time a new period of account is created.