Table of contents
- All of the transaction windows within CGT and Dividend Scheduling adopt a common approach in relation to data entry.
- This screen is used to find the Security Code for a given Security.
- The system will extract closing balances from one period into the next, automatically when a new period, for an existing portfolio, is first opened.
- The Summary window gives a visual summary, or a bird's eye view, of all the transactions contained within a portfolio for a particular period.
- This screen should be used to enter opening balance information for portfolios which are new to the system and also to add, or amend, balance information for existing portfolios.
- The Purchases window should be used to enter details of all Purchases made between the Start and End Date of the period you are working on. Take care not to use this screen to enter mandatory capital events such as Scrip Issues and Rights Issues as the system will normally calculate these automatically.
- The Sales window should be used to enter details of all Sales made between the Start and End Date of the period you are working on. Take care not to use this window to enter capital events such as Redemptions or Cash Take-Overs as the system will normally calculate these automatically.
- This Right Lapses window should be used to enter details of all Lapses of Nil Paid Rights made between the Start and End Date of the period you are working on.
- Use this screen to make adjustments to dividends generated by the system and to insert dividends for Private Companies.
- This screen should be used to advise the system where an election has been made to receive a dividend in shares as opposed to cash whether by a scrip dividend or dividend reinvestment plan.
- In situations where the system has not calculated an Equalisation Payment correctly then the Equalisations window can be used to override the relevant payment. However if the equalisation payment is completely missing then the Sundries screen must be used (see Note below).
- The Sundries window can be used to enter details of non-chargeable transfers, transactions relating to individual tranches of shares and overwrite system generated events.
- The Dummy Sales window can be used as an aid to tax planning allowing you to enter a disposal on a "what if" basis, which allows you to notionally sell an individual holding, part of a holding, or group of holdings and establish the potential gain or loss.
- The Business Assets window should be used to advise the system of the dates an asset qualified as a Business Asset. The system can handle complex scenarios whereby the status of an asset changes many times during the holding period.
- The Opening Book window should be used to enter the opening book cost for each security. The book cost is used by the profit and loss calculation on the Investment Schedule.
- CCH provides a web page through which users can request new securities for the data feed. The current feed contains around 50,000 securities. From time to time users require extra securities that are not in the feed. The securities are added to the securities masterfile and are available for download the next day. The CCH Securities web page is also useful for searching for securities.