If you mistakenly checked out a document or you do not want to save the changes made to it then use Undo Check Out.
Undo Document Check Out
- Click Global Documents and locate the document.
- Do one of the following to undo check out:
- Right-click the document and select Undo Check Out.
- Click Undo Check Out under Version Control on the Task Bar.
- Select the check box next to the documents that you want to undo check in, and then click Undo Changes.
Note: Users with sufficient security rights are able to undo a check out on another user’s document. This is useful when someone has a document checked out and has gone on leave without checking the document back in.
- Check In Documents
- After you have finished working on a document you must check it in so that others can work on the document. If you want to know how to add a document, which automatically checks it in at the same time see: Add Document for Client or Contact.
- Check Out Documents
- Before you can make changes to a document you need to check it out. By default when you open a document it is read only, which means that any changes made are not saved.