After you have finished working on a document you must check it in so that others can work on the document. If you want to know how to add a document, which automatically checks it in at the same time see: Add Document for Client or Contact.
Check In Documents
- Click Global Documents and locate the document that you want to check in.
- Do one of the following to check in the document:
- Right-click the document and select Check In.
- Click Check In under Version Control on the Task Bar.
- In Comment add details relating to the changes made to the document.
- To check in one or more documents, click the check box next to the document name and then click Check In. A new version of the document is created.
Note: You can also check in documents from within MS Word and MS Excel.
- Check Out Documents
- Before you can make changes to a document you need to check it out. By default when you open a document it is read only, which means that any changes made are not saved.
- Undo Document Check Out
- If you mistakenly checked out a document or you do not want to save the changes made to it then use Undo Check Out.