Table of contents
Topics in this Section
- Check In Documents
- After you have finished working on a document you must check it in so that others can work on the document. If you want to know how to add a document, which automatically checks it in at the same time see: Add Document for Client or Contact.
- Check Out Documents
- Before you can make changes to a document you need to check it out. By default when you open a document it is read only, which means that any changes made are not saved.
- Undo Document Check Out
- If you mistakenly checked out a document or you do not want to save the changes made to it then use Undo Check Out.
- Linked Documents
- You can link related documents together and specify the relationship between them from a predefined list. For example, this might be a document received via email that you need to link with an existing document.
- Sorting and Grouping Documents
- Global Document Centre and Document Centre display documents in the default order of document ID in ascending order (column heading shown as Id).
- Version History
- Version History contains details of the history of the document, such as the creation date and details of what was modified.
- Create PDF Collection
- This option allows you to collect a selection of documents together into a single PDF file. For example, you would use it to take a collection of documents relating to a client offline for reference.