The Send To functionality is installed along with the CCH Document Plugin for Microsoft Office. It allows you to upload files to Document Management from Windows Explorer using the right click Send To option.
Activating Send To
If you have the plugin installed and the option is not showing under Send To, you can activate it as follows.
- Windows XP - Navigate to C:\Program Files\CCH ProSystem\CCH Document Management Office Plugin.
Windows 7 - Navigate to C:\Program Files(x86)\CCH ProSystem\CCH Document Management Office Plugin.
- Right click CCH Document.exe and select Create Shortcut.
- Right click the new shortcut and Rename to CCH Document.
- Right click the shortcut and select Properties.
- Ensure the Start in field is empty.
- Move the newly created shortcut to the following location.
Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\SendTo.
Windows 7 - C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo.
Note: You will need to ensure that hidden files are viewable in order to see the Send To location.
Using Send To
Send To is used to upload files directly from Windows Explorer.
- Locate the file(s) that you want to add to Document Management.
- Select the file(s) and right click.
- Select Send To and then CCH Document
- The CCH Document Management - Send to... window will be opened with the selected file(s) added in. Complete the entries as you normally do on the Add Document window.