This section explains how to enter data to complete the income and expenditure section of the CT600E Charities supplementary pages.
Entering income and expenditure details
Complete the following steps by entering all relevant information relating to exempt sources of income and expenses as shown in the Financial statements for the Charity for the period covered by the return.
To access the Income and Expenditure data entry area:
- Click on the arrow alongside the CT600E node in the left hand data navigator to expand the list of options within this area.
- Click on the arrow on Income and Expenditure node in the navigator
- Select the relevant accounting period.
Complete all the relevant data entry fields for the exempt source of income and ensure that any non exempt sources are included within form CT600:
- Total turnover from exempt trading activities
- Investment income (exclude any amounts included on CT600)
- UK land and buildings (exclude any amounts included on CT600)
- Gift Aid (exclude any amounts included on CT600)
- From other charities (exclude any amounts included on CT600)
- Gifts of shares or securities received
- Gifts of real property received
- Other sources (not included in above)
- Trading costs in relation to exempt charitable activities
- UK land and buildings costs in relation to exempt charitable activities
- All general administration/governance costs
- All grants and donations made within the UK
- All grants and donations made outside the UK
- Other expenditure not included above , or not used in calculating figures entered on the form CT600
Notes can be added to this window and all notes will appear as an appendix to the Corporate Tax computation. Click the click to add notes link at the foot of the data entry area.