This section explains how to enter data to complete the Surrenders section in the CT600C supplementary pages.
Entering Group Relief Surrender details
The following steps do not need to be undertaken where the Groups module has been used to allocate losses around the Group of companies. Please see Help on using the Groups module.
- Click Tax planning > Losses Utilisation for the specific accounting period and then enter the amount of losses and/or deficits being surrendered to group companies.
In the CT600C window, click the Surrender node in the navigator.
- Click the column header Group relief surrender.
This will take you directly to the CT600C - Surrenders data entry window. You can enter all the necessary information required by the supplementary page in this window:
- Claimant company - This can be added manually or by selecting a company by searching using the Ellipses to the right of this field.
- AP start and AP end - Only complete these fields if the accounting period of the claimant company is different from the accounting period of the surrendering company. If the period is the same, HMRC do not require these dates to be entered here.
- Tax reference - Unique taxpayer reference for the surrendering company which is mandatory for online filing purposes.
- Amount - Ensure that total amounts being surrendered equal the amount of the overall losses and deficits being surrendered for the period.
- Finally, ensure that the appropriate consent options are completed. Any missing or incorrect information will be highlighted by an error appearing in the errors and exceptions panel at the foot of the data entry area.
Notes can be added to this window and all notes will appear as an appendix to the Corporate Tax computation. Click the click to add notes link at the foot of the data entry area.