You can use this to claim relief for qualifying Charitable Donations paid.
This is located at Other Deductions > Charitable Donations.
The entries should be entered in the Grid
- Enter the Description
- Bfwd/Bfwd Override The Bfwd amount should be the value of the Cfwd amount from the previous POA. If this value needs to be amended then this value should be shown in the Bfwd override column.
- Per accounts This is the amount as shown in the Profit and Loss Account
- Allowable This is the amount that is allowable as a deduction.
- Adjustment to Cfwd This is an amount that should be entered to adjust the value to be shown in the Cfwd column. A positive amount will increase the value and a negative value will reduce the Cfwd amount.
- Cfwd This is automatically calculated from the entries made in the previous columns.
- You can allocate the Per accounts amount via the Trade Allocation grid, which will appear if there is either more than one business/trade or the Primary Trade tickbox has not been set.
- The Qualifying Charitable donations will automatically appear in the Tax Planning >Loss Utilisation window
- The tax relief will be automatically offset against total profits in accordance with the HMRC rules. This is shown in the Loss Utilisation screen.
- You can surrender charitable donations as group relief by entries in the Loss Utilisation window and Form CT600C.