You can claim Capital Allowances via the Main Pool.
Data Entry In Main Pool
The majority of the data entries within the Main Pool are self explanatory. There are nuances for certain data entry fields and they are explained as follows:
- Tax written down value brought forward This is a manual entry in the first AP. For subsequent APs it is read only. If this value requires amendment then please use the Tax written down value brought forward override.
- Transfers from short life assets. This is an automatic entry from short life assets
- Transfers from expensive cars. This is an automatic entry from any vehicles contained within the single asset pools for expensive cars on the cessation of the pools.
- Additions qualifying for AIA/WDA This can be either manual entry or linked to the entry in the FA Additions window. You will need to claim AIA on the additions in the Tax Planning>AIA Claim AP window.
- Small pool write off This appears when the subtotal (directly underneath Disposal value) is £1,000 or less.
- FA Additions Window If you use this to enter details of FA Additions then any entries will overwrite any existing manual entries made in the data entry screens in the Main Pool. The data entries made in the FA Additions window then become read only in the Main Pool window.
- FA Disposals Window If you use this to enter details of FA Disposals then any entries will overwrite any existing manual entries made in the data entry screens in the Main Pool. The data entries made in the FA Disposals window then become read only in the Main Pool window
- There is one Main Pool per Trade or Management Expenses
- Certain fields within the Main Pool are read only and not available for data entry
- All data entries should be positive only