This section explains how to use the Tangible Fixed Assets summary, including how to populate and amend details contained within it.
The Tangible Fixed Assets summary can be completed by updating from CCH Accounts Production or by manual entry.
If the Tangible Fixed Assets summary is manually completed then there is a choice of layouts:
- use the standard default template
- create a new customised template
- import a previously saved template
The Tangible Fixed Assets summary should be completed to reflect the Fixed Asset Note within the company's financial statements.
An analysis and reconciliation of asset additions and disposals can be made from the Tangible Fixed Assets summary.
The information completed within the Tangible Fixed Assets summary will also automatically populate the Net Book Values window within the Tax Account Summary section, for use in the deferred tax calculation.
Accessing the Data Entry
To access the Tangible Fixed Assets summary:
- Expand the Balance Sheet Analysis option on the left hand data navigator by clicking the node.
- Click on the Tangible Fixed Assets option in the data navigator.
Topics in this Section
- The Tangible Fixed Assets summary can be completed by entering information directly into the default layout presented or alternatively benefit from the update of information from CCH Accounts Production. The update can be invoked manually or automatically by using the option within the Tax Links tab. .
- If the default template for the Tangible Fixed Asset summary is not suitable for a company, various amendments can be made to allow the table to be customised.
- When a Tangible Fixed Asset template has been created or modified, this can be saved as a template for use on other clients. The saved template will retain the number of columns and rows, along with their associated headers and descriptions, but not any data from the client it is created within. The functions to save and load templates are located within the Balance Sheet area of the ribbon bar.