The Tax Return status is a feature allowing for the setting of the status of a Tax Return for each period throughout the compliance process from creation to completion.
This section explains how to use this feature.
Updating the Status
There are a number of different statuses that could be applied throughout the compliance process.
To amend the status
- Select the Tax Return tab within the client in Central
- Select the period of account
The current status of the Return is displayed alongside each period of account
Created is automatically set when the period is created
Rolled forward status is set automatically when he period is rolled forward from a previous period
- Select the hyperlinked Status located at the top right handside of the data entry area
Status updated for HMRC Submissions
The following statuses will be updated automatically when a response is received from filing the Return to HMRC:
- Accepted by HMRC - a success response is received
- Rejected by HMRC - a failure response is received