Use this for reporting a basic capital disposal with details of the cost and sale proceeds. If there are details to be entered such as enhancement costs then use the detailed CGT computation.
Enter Capital Gain/Loss
It is not possible to change the type of disposal once it has been chosen. You will need to delete the Capital disposal and re-enter the data.
- On the main menu, click Capital disposals > Capital Disposals - AP.
- Click Description and provide a description of the transaction.
- Click Type and select Asset.
- Click Date of disposal and enter the date.
- Click Net proceeds and enter the amount.
- Click Date of acquisition and enter the date.
- Click Cost and enter the amount.