You should use this to claim Relief/adjustments for Capital Disposals made by a company. The claim for Relief/adjustments is made per Capital Disposal and you may only claim one relief/adjustment per Capital Disposal.
Make a claim for relief/adjustment
The claim for Reliefs/adjustments is made in the Capital Disposals window.
- To access the Reliefs/adjustments Ui highlight the capital disposal by clicking on any field within the Capital Disposal.
- In Reliefs/adjustments, access the drop down menu by clicking the arrow in Relief claimed and select the Relief/adjustments from the options shown.
To remove an existing Relief/adjustment choose the Remove reliefs claimed option from the drop down menu.
- Once the type of Reliefs/adjustment has been chosen then enter the Amount. Additional fields will be required to be completed when the CVS Reliefs claimed option is chosen.
The Reliefs/adjustments drop down menu is not available if the override type of disposal is chosen.
The options available in the drop down menu are self explanatory and are:
- Remove reliefs claimed
- Rollover relief
- Rollover relief - depreciating asset
- Substantial shareholding exemption
CVS Relief against income (up to and including accounting periods ending 31/3/2015)
- Share loss relief against income
- Other - loss adjustments
- Other - gain adjustments