Travelling clients allows you to take the CCH Central Data together with the associated client data for CCH Corporation Tax and CCH Accounts Production for clients out of the office to work on offline.
- To travel data, click the Clients button on the Tool Bar to display the Find clients window.
- Find the client you want to travel.
- In the Search results window, select the check box to the left of the client code and then click the Travel Client option under the Find Tasks group in the Task Bar.
- If the client has data for both CCH Accounts Production and CCH Corporation Tax a window will appear allowing you to choose the data you want to travel. Select the data you want to travel by ticking either or both of the boxes.
The window will only be displayed if there is data for both products
- A local copy of the CCH Central Offline data is created and a confirmation message displayed once the process is complete.
- The next time that you log into CCH Central on the computer on which you travelled the data,you will see a tick in a checkbox alongside the client name in the CCH Corporation Tax client list homepage control. In addition there is a separate homepage control which displays a list of the travelled clients for the whole database.
- To access the offline client data log out of CCH Central by clicking File>log off..
- Select the offline database and log into CCH Central using the local computer on which the client that was travelled.
While a Client is travelled offline, all the client data in the Office Central version becomes 'read only', and no changes can be made to the client.
You may travel any number of clients each of which will be stored in a separate data set for use out of the office.