CCH Accounts Production includes the same master pages as were shipped before with VAP. The pages are contained in Collections. There are four built-in Collections:
- TA Accumulation and Maintenance Trust. This is a full set of pages for a typical trust and includes a sample note (see below).
- TA Discretionary Trust. This Collection is empty. It is available if a user would like to create custom pages for discretionary trusts.
- TA Life Interest Trust. This Collection is empty. It is available if a user would like to create custom pages for life interest trusts.
- Alternative Formats. This Collection contains substitute versions of the Beneficiaries’ Income Accounts.
If a user selects one Collection on accessing a client, that Collection is remembered and will be the default the next time the client is accessed. This is different from the behaviour of other entities in CCH Accounts Production.
Alternative Formats Collection
With VAP, CCH shipped several versions of the Beneficiaries’ Income Accounts called page9bi1.amt, page9bi2.amt, page9bi3.amt and page9bi4.amt. (See Trust Accounts Help under Viztopia Formatter > Trust Accounts > Accounts Pages). The user could swap in whichever page was appropriate. The Contents page, and other pages referencing the Beneficiaries’ Income Account, did not need to be changed as they referred to the accounts page by its position in the index of accounts pages which did not change.
With AP, the page references are to specific page names, e.g. =AP(“PageRange,page9bi,0”). If a different page is swapped in then the name, or Format Code, changes. The user could change all the page references to refer to the new Format Code, but CCH recommends a simpler approach which is to change the Format Code to match the existing page references.
The alternative versions of the Beneficiaries’ Income Accounts are still called page9bi1, page9bi2, page9bi3 and page9bi4. So after swapping in any of them from the Alternative Formats Collection, the user should change the Format Code by deleting the final digit.
To swap in an alternative version, and change the Format Code, proceed as follows.
- In AP, select Financial Statements.
- Select the TA Accumulation and Maintenance Trust Collection.
- Highlight the Beneficiaries’ Income Account.
- In the Actions section of the Toolbar select Add Format.
- Select the Collection as Alternative Formats.
- Select the version of the page that is required.
- The page is inserted before the Beneficiaries’ Income Account that was initially highlighted.
- Select the initial Beneficiaries’ Income Account and press the Delete key. Confirm that you wish to remove it.
- Double-click on the new page to open it.
- Select Page setup on the Task Bar.
- Change the Format Code to page9bi as shown below.
- Exit Page setup and save the changes.
Tip: If the new page is inserted at the wrong point in the list of accounts pages then it can be moved to the correct position by dragging it up or down with the mouse. (This often seems to require several attempts). You cannot drag a page to appear after the last page. In this case, the page should be dragged to the second last position and then the last page dragged up a line.