- In the Task Bar, under Reference, select Chart of Accounts.
- In the Chart of Accounts grid, select the row containing the account you want to analyse and then click the button in the Task Bar or the popup menu.
Use the Search Code or Description field in the Task Bar to quickly find the nominal account you are looking for.
- In the Dimensions window containing the dimension that you created earlier, click in the first row and select the dimension you want to assign to the account from the drop-down and then press [Enter].
Repeat this step to add further dimensions if required.
Leave the Dimensions window open and select another account and repeat step 2 to link the dimension to further accounts.
As you add dimensions to accounts, the icon appears in the Dimension column of the accounts grid to indicate that the account has dimensions associated with it.
- Click Close when you have finished adding dimensions.
- To select more than one nominal to which dimensions are to be added, use the standard grid multi selection options:
- Select the row of the first account to be included, hold down the [Shift] key and then select the last row. All rows will be highlighted.
- You can also click with the mouse pointed to the Row Selection Column of the first row to include and drag the pointer to the last row to include.
- Holding the [Ctrl] key while at the same time left clicking each nominal line will toggle the inclusion or removal of the line form the selected items.
- Select View Dimensions from the Task Bar or the popup menu.
- Select the dimension that you want to assign, as described above.
- Click Close.
The dimensions will be assigned to the selected nominals and the icon will appear by the selected accounts in the grid.
Delete Dimensions assigned to Nominals
You can delete Dimensions assigned to Nominals that do not have transactions posted to them.
- Highlight Nominal and then click View Dimensions.
- In the Dimensions window, highlight the Dimension and click Delete and then click Yes in the confirmation prompt.
- Close the window.
The icon will no longer show.