Table of contents
Users can hide the extra fields that are applied to Client, Contact, Employee, Assignment and Supplier by using the Inactive option from the Extra Fields screen.
All extra fields can be marked as Inactive, including mandatory or in use extra fields.
Note – Inactive extra fields are still available in Smart Reports, CCH Workflow, CCH Reporting and CCH Document Management.
To set an extra field as Inactive:
- Open the Extra Fields screen from File > Maintenance> User Defined
- Highlight the relevant extra field, then tick the Inactive check box.
- Click OK to save the changes.
The extra fields that are set as Inactive are no longer displayed in the following areas:
- Extra tab from Client/Contact/Employee/Assignment/Supplier screen.
- Extra Fields tab from Add New Client/Contact/Employee/Supplier Wizard.
- Values tab from Bulk Update Wizard within Find Clients or Find Contacts screen.
- Bulk Update Extra Fields dialog within Find Clients or Find Contacts screen.
- Insert Merge Field from Mail Merge Wizard when editing or creating a new template on Find Clients or Find Contacts screen.
Note – Inactive extra fields that were added previously in a template, are still displayed in the document but without values after the Mail Merge Wizard is performed.
- Merge Fields section from Email Templates when editing or creating a new email template on Find Clients or Find Contacts screen.
Note – Inactive extra fields that were added previously in an email template are still displayed in the template but they are no longer available as Merge Fields.
Users can view the inactive extra fields in the Extra tab within Client, Contact, Assignment, Employee and Supplier screen by selecting the Include Inactive Extra Fields option at the bottom of the screen.