Online filing credentials are required to allow you to electronically send your corporation tax return submissions to HMRC using.CCH Corporation Tax. This topic elaborates on the types of credentials.
Where to enter the online filing credentials
There are two areas within CCH Central where you can enter online filing credentials:
- In the Employee record, in the Task Bar on the left, click View/Set online filing credentials.
The login details entered here relate to a specific employee.
- Maintenance > Internal > Online Filing Credentials
Login would details apply to the practice as a whole, or for a specific Company, Office or Department.
Types of credentials
The online filing credentials used to submit a tax return is based on the following priority order:
Company, Office, or Department credentials
Practice or business level credentials
It is necessary to create a set of online filing credentials for your firm in order to file returns online.
Add login details for an individual employee
- On the tool bar, click Employees.
- In the Find Employee window, in the Search for field, enter the search criteria for the employee and then click Search.
- In the list of search results, double-click or press [Enter] on the employee record you would like to work on.
- In the Task Bar on the left, click the View/Set Online Filing Credentials hyperlink.
- Enter your agent credentials then click OK to save the information.
Add login details by organisation type
- From the main menu select Maintenance > Internal > Online Filing Credentials.
- Enter your agent credentials. The following credentials are at database level. This means that these credentials will be used for all Corporation Tax returns:
Alternatively, select one of the options under Online Filing Credentials selected by.
This option allows you to file by a specific area within your organisation:
The tab then displays the details associated with the selected option and what details will be used.
- Click in a row where you wish to enter the Online Filing credentials for the selected option and enter:
Click OK to save the information.